Understand.

My photo
you don't have to know me, you probably can't judge me either. i'm neither simple nor complicated. just a normal living that you, unfortunately, come across with.
so, 2 cabs yesterday actually almost killed me.
well, not physically of course.
but, i don't seem to find a suitable word for it.
maybe emotionally?

okay, so the 1st taxi uncle, who is like an old man.
guess around 60 years old or older.

he drove super slow, fastest speed is only 80km/h.
okay, maybe he just trying to follow the normal road speed limit?
or he is just scare that he don't have good reaction time.
i don't know.

but one thing for sure is, i was feeling rather unwell.
and the slow journey is making me really nauseous.
i was really quite relieve when i was about to reach my destination.
BUT, HE DROVE THE WRONG WAY AS HE FORGOTTEN MY DESTINATION!

"erm, uncle, i want to go mediacorp eh"
he then IMMEDIATELY break and we are like at the mid beginning Lornie Road highway.
and guess what, he reversed his way which is like about 10m or so.
it's like duh, lots of horning.

"uncle, just go straight, like that very dangerous"
i just don't really believe his judgement.
furthermore, it's really dangerous and against the traffic rules.
"it's okay, abit more, can one la."
his abit more ar, is like 10m.
smart him.

so 60-80 cents just gone while the reversing.
i feel so scare for him luh.
and if the cars behind didn't focus on road, i'll be the 1st one to kana eh.
but lucky, SO LUCKY, that i'm still alive.

reached mediacorp and collected my prize, Very Pop's ticket.
feeling really worn out and shag, i took another cab.

this time round, before i broad the cab, the uncle is like doing some calculation.
so when i enter, he's like quickly put everything aside.
then he, being a smart ass, drove me to somewhere in the middle of all the private housing estate.
THEN HE ASKED ME WHICH WAY WILL I LIKE TO GO?
thanks ar, how will i know.

"eh how i know, do i look like i know. this is in the middle of private housing estate lo!"
okay, i admit my attitude was bad.
but he should ask me that question when i just board the cab, agree?

so he drove, then i finally recognize the road a little, then i tell him i wanna go by Lornie Road.
and he fucking say me okay?!
"next time say earlier where you wanna go la! just now ask you which way you wanna go don't say!"

wa, at this point of time ar, everything is boiling in me already.

"PLEASE LO. JUST NOW IS IN THE MIDDLE OF PRIVATE HOUSING ESTATE LEH! HOW WILL I KNOW?! DO I LOOK LIKE A GOD OR COME HERE OFTEN?!"

"i think you get out of the cab la. i can't take your attitude."

"eh uncle, please la. you drive a distance then you ask me where i wanna go by. and i love my attitude. it's yours that sucks. get out the get out la. you fucker. "

so he drop me by the road side and my last words to him is....
"FUCK OFF"
i slammed that stupid door of his, didn't even bother to pay him or anything.
he don't deserve me paying for his service.

seriously, i missed out alot of things here.
cause i was to angry and shag to remember all the words.
cab uncles nowadays, really can't make it anymore.
they think they drive is a hell-o-big stuff.
crazy.

it's damn irritating.
please la, i pay for the trip from my starting point to my destination.
it's not like i not paying for it.
do respect your customers and ask before heading off.
paying for the journey is also a form of appreciation.

i think taxi companies should really train their staff well.
or maybe i should say all companies.
regardless whether is it a boutique, hotel, cafe or even a cab.
they should teach the staff how to behave and handle well.

least, this what i have been taught when i work outside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cab uncles are all cunning fox out to rob our money. To jus earn a few dollars more they can throw away their dignity. I have lots of bad experience too. One of the best tactics they use are to chit chat with you while they are driving so as to divert all your attention away and then slowly drive at 60 to 80 km/h. If you ask them to spd up they will give u tons of excuse, saying is for your good. However, when they are not being hired they drove like some race king. Cut into other lanes abruptly, dont give way n even tail gate vehicles (travelling at 100km/h alr). I jus find that they are such big hypocrite.
Anyway, take your med n rest well.
Gd luck for your exams.

sotong said...

woa! you should take down the car plate number man!!

bloodylife.JACQUALINE said...

it's a pity that i was really too angry and tired. if not, with my full power, he sure get it. i hate con-man taxi drivers. if i'm working, i wouldn't mind that much. but now i'm like a student and not working at all. :S